Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Deciding Between 50 Shades Of Gray - Diary of a House Flip Post #7




weekend I got so much less done than I had planned to.  This coming week is a little hard because I have to work two days.  I don't have the kind of job where I can make personal calls or get any of that sort of thing done, so it will have to wait until Tuesday.


I did however, finalize the paint colors.  That was the hardest task I have ever had to do.  I wanted grey.  I wanted a simple, true grey.  What I found out was that there are no simple true shades of grey, that all greys have an undertone.  Those undertones can go to bronze, blue, green and many many other shades.  I grabbed a few samples from Sherwin Williams and was stunned by how different they look in the house. 

I also needed to go dark enough that it would cover the dark spot the renter left on the wall



I finally decided:



I went with the gray that went to bronze.  The bathroom cabinet is Urbane Bronze.  The wall is going to be Agreeable Gray and the bathroom walls will be Sea Salt.  These are all Sherwin Williams colors and can easily be found online if you like them too. 

My plan for the next week:

Get someone to give me an estimate on granite counters.
Finish Painting bathroom cabinet
Get a second estimate on carpet
Research and buy remodel kit for master bathroom tub (the tub is kinda gross)
Buy new toilet paper holder for master bathroom and install it.


Find the next post here:  http://emmafrancisisathome.blogspot.com/2016/11/diary-of-house-flip-post-8.html

No comments:

Post a Comment