Sunday, April 23, 2017

Weekly Meal Plan Week 10




My goal this year is to cook more for my family.   We are very busy and as a result, we eat out a LOT.  This year, I want to serve food at home that is fast, easy and nutritious.  No frozen dinners high in sodium, I want real food.

I would love for you to join us on our facebook group here:  FACEBOOK
The first 2 months, I looked online at blogs and found recipes.  I want to try something different though.  I want to try out different cookbooks.  Each month, I will cook recipes from a different cookbook.  It could be a side, main dish or dessert, but I will try to incorporate new dinners into our rotation.  So far the family is loving it.


This month, I am cooking out of this book:






This is in addition to our typical meal plans.    On Saturday nights, we have a family pizza night, and sometimes one other night per week we do not eat at home (usually at a friends house, we rotate).  This means 5 to 6 meals per week I need to plan.

Please note that some of my meals may seem a little heavy.  I am feeding three teen boys, so I cook to fill them up.  Some people may omit the starch from the meal and be just fine with the meal plan.

This week's meal plan:


Buttermilk Oven "Fried" Chicken  Page 151 of the cookbook.  I plan on serving this with cole slaw and potato wedges baked in the oven.

Mongolian Beef and Broccoli  Served with rice.  Page 190 of the cookbook.

Teriyaki Chicken Bowls.  Here  A family favorite

Steak Kabobs and roasted corn on the cob.  Steak Kabobs

Taco Casserole  Recipe  I plan on making this one ahead then heating it up to eat.

Leek and Garlic Chicken  Recipe  If I told them they were eating leeks and garlic they would probably refuse, but I serve this recipe with mashed potatoes and I never have leftovers.



If something isnt to your taste, check out my other weeks for different recipes.  Weekly Meal Plan Index



No comments:

Post a Comment