Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Weekly Meal Plan Week 9




My goal this year is to cook more for my family.   We are very busy and as a result, we eat out a LOT.  This year, I want to serve food at home that is fast, easy and nutritious.  No frozen dinners high in sodium, I want real food.

I would love for you to join us on our facebook group here:  FACEBOOK
The first 2 months, I looked online at blogs and found recipes.  I want to try something different though.  I want to try out different cookbooks.  Each month, I will cook recipes from a different cookbook.  It could be a side, main dish or dessert, but I will try to incorporate new dinners into our rotation.  So far the family is loving it.


This month, I am cooking out of this book:






This is in addition to our typical meal plans.    On Saturday nights, we have a family pizza night, and sometimes one other night per week we do not eat at home (usually at a friends house, we rotate).  This means 5 to 6 meals per week I need to plan.

Please note that some of my meals may seem a little heavy.  I am feeding three teen boys, so I cook to fill them up.  Some people may omit the starch from the meal and be just fine with the meal plan.

This week's meal plan:


Petite Baked Crab Cakes.   These are on page 115 of the cookbook and they look really good.  My family will eat salmon patties, so I figure this will be a light refreshing change that they will eat.  I plan on serving it with steamed green beans and rice on the side.


Bangin' Good Shrimp.  Page 116 of the cookbook.  My entire family loves bang bang shrimp, and I cant wait to try this lighter version.  I got some shrimp on sale this week, so it's time to try it!   I will add oven fried potatoes.

Baked Ribs, broccoli and carrot mix, baked potato halves.  You can find this recipe here:  Baked Ribs

Tostadas    In a rush this week, so I am buying premade tostada shells (they are sold near the tortillas in the grocery).  I am  making them with chicken, so I will add a little taco seasoning to the shredded chicken meat, top with cheese then place them under the broiler just long enough to melt the cheese (watch carefully they burn quickly).  I then serve them bar style with chopped tomato, peppers, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, extra cheese and beans in bowls.  The family tops them with their favorite toppings and dinner is done.

Best Beef Stew Ever.   Crock pot meal!  This is one of those busy days when we all arrive home at different times, but everyone arrives home hungry.  I've found the best result of keeping them out of mcdonalds is to know that they have food waiting in the crockpot.   I buy dinner rolls and place them beside the crockpot.  Everyone eats when they have time.  The recipe is here:  Best Beef Stew Ever


Hope you enjoy!  Here is to eating at home!

ps: If you cant see the book, turn off your ad blocker.  I've had many posts that they can't see the book until it's turned off.



Want to see other weeks?  Here is the index  Weekly Meal Plan Index




No comments:

Post a Comment