Sunday, February 19, 2017

Pork Baby Back Ribs




We love ribs and they were on sale this week, so I got a slab.  They can be harder to cook than other foods, but I found an easy recipe that makes them tender and delicious.  I do use bottled sauce, but you can make your own if you have the time.

The secret is adding a splash of apple cider vinegar to the water.  It helps make the rib meat so tender.  We love layer after layer of sauce on ours, so I just keep adding thin layers of sauce and broiling them until they look like I want to eat one right now.


You will need:
1 slab of baby back ribs
1 bottle bbq sauce
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.


Cut the ribs into serving size pieces.



 My family eats 2 to 3 bones per person, so that is how I slice them.
Place the ribs into a stockpot filled with water and the vinegar.


 Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and boil for 1 hour.

Remove ribs from pot and place on a parchment lined pan.  Place the ribs with the thinner side up (the side that has less meat).


Coat with a thin layer of sauce and broil this side first until it's done.  I usually do 2 thin layers of sauce on this side.  Do not coat too much sauce or you will just get a sticky mess and it wont brown up right.

Turn ribs over and place a thin layer of sauce on this side and broil for about 2 minutes.  Add another layer of sauce and broil for 2 more minutes.  I do 2 coats on the side with less meat and 4 on the side with more meat.


No comments:

Post a Comment