Sunday, June 4, 2017

Weekly Meal Plan Week 15



I started this blog because my cooking was pretty sketchy.  I ran through fast food at least a few days a week because I had no idea what to cook.  So this year I decided that I will plan a weekly menu.  It was going great until I got bored.  So I decided to keep me going, I will add a cookbook to the mix.  For the next six weeks or so, I will add at least a recipe per week from the cookbook below.  You can get a copy new, or they also have used ones that are pretty cheap.  I figured the price of this cookbook is less than one fast food meal for the family, and they eat a lot more nutritiously when I cook than when I buy fast food.

Don't forget to Join US ON FACEBOOK for more recipes and household fun.


 The cook books is The Best and Lightest from Food Network Magazine.  So far I'm loving it.  The food is good, but simple.  I've tried a lot of different recipes from it and it's a keeper.


So Here is my menu plan:

Turkey and Green bean Stirfry - Page 114 of the menu.  I didnt sub out the turkey for chicken this time.  It was really good and I would think that you could easily sub chicken for the turkey.  This recipe is the entire meal, so I didnt have to cook anything else.

Roasted Pork with Cajun Slaw - Page 141 on the book.  This recipe makes a pork tenderloin and a slaw.  The slaw is made with a slaw mix, so it was fast and easy to make.  Will make it again!

Cornmeal Crusted Trout - Page 168 of the book.  This recipe makes a trout with tomatoes and also a green bean side.  I really do love that this book includes the sides as part of the meal.

Grilled Steak Kabobs - I love grilling out in the summer!  I served this with grilled corn on the cob.

Chicken and Leeks with Mashed Potatoes - Leek and potato taste good together


Don't forget to Join US ON FACEBOOK for more recipes and household fun.



Want to see other weeks?  View the Index Here  Weekly Meal Plans

No comments:

Post a Comment