Sunday, May 28, 2017

Weekly Meal Plan Week 14



I started this blog because my cooking was pretty sketchy.  I ran through fast food at least a few days a week because I had no idea what to cook.  So this year I decided that I will plan a weekly menu.  It was going great until I got bored.  So I decided to keep me going, I will add a cookbook to the mix.  For the next six weeks or so, I will add at least a recipe per week from the cookbook below.  You can get a copy new, or they also have used ones that are pretty cheap.  I figured the price of this cookbook is less than one fast food meal for the family, and they eat a lot more nutritiously when I cook than when I buy fast food.

Don't forget to Join US ON FACEBOOK for more recipes and household fun.


 The cook books is The Best and Lightest from Food Network Magazine.  So far I'm loving it.  The food is good, but simple.  I've tried a lot of different recipes from it and it's a keeper.


So Here is my menu plan:

Stacked Enchiladas - If you are in a hurry, you can buy the pre-fried tortillas, then you only need assemble the stacks.  My kids eat 2 each and I serve them with rice.

Healthy Chinese Chicken Breasts - we love these.  If you cant find hoison sauce or if it's expensive, buy it on amazon.  The amazon price is about half my local grocery.  Again I serve this one with rice and green beans.



Rigatoni with Spicy Shrimp- page 228 of the cookbook.  Shallots add a depth of flavor above what onion would, and the red pepper gives the shrimp a kick, but it's not too spicy.  It was good.   I served it with a green salad.

Pork and Wild Rice Salad- page 149 of the cookbook.  There is just a little bit of yogurt in this that adds a little zip, and the cranberries add sweetness.  It was so easy to make and because it contains the rice, salad and meat, I did not have to make anything else.

Turkey Cutlet with Plum Sauce - I sub'd chicken breast.  I just didnt have time to run to the store for turkey breast and I had chicken breast on hand.  It was still really good.  Plums and lemon go really well together.  This recipe has a salad with it, so that was what I served.


Don't forget to Join US ON FACEBOOK for more recipes and household fun.



Want to see other weeks?  View the Index Here  Weekly Meal Plans

No comments:

Post a Comment