Thursday, July 21, 2016

Feed your family on $70 a week (teenagers included) Week 1



My rules:

No ramen/no premade mac n cheese and no hamburger helper
Fresh when possible

Hawaiian chicken skewers, rice, green beans
Spaghetti with homemade sauce, homemade garlic bread, salad of cucumber and tomato
Chicken soft Tacos, salsa chips or Rice
Hamburgers (turkey burgers or veg burgers) potato salad, green salad
Grilled bbq chicken, mashed potatoes 
Ham steak, carrots,  corn
Grilled chicken, potato wedges, mixed green beans, broccoli and carrots





Lunches:
Make your own salad
leftovers
Fajita Chicken Salad
Peanut butter sandwiches
Make your own pizza with tortilla as crust
Subs, homemade fries


Breakfasts
Cereal rice crispies
toast and eggs
pancakes with strawberry
smoothie or smoothie bowl
peanut butter on toast

I dont make desserts nightly, but I do make them a once or twice a week.  

Desserts:
brownies
rice crispie treats
Ice cream


What could I do to make it cheaper?  Click over to my shopping list with prices and a list of ideas I could have used to make this week cheaper.

Continue on here:  FREE COPY of my Shopping list with prices are here:   Shopping list with prices.


public domain photo from pixabay.com



No comments:

Post a Comment