Thursday, May 18, 2017

Carrot Soup with potato, lentils and leeks

I am bad. I hide good things in soup so my family will eat them. My only problem with this is hubby who says that soup is not food, but if I cook soups for lunch, they get eaten. I serve this with white rice.


 Ingredients:
 - 1 onion, diced
 - 2 cloves garlic, minced
 - 1 leek, thinly sliced
 - 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- Herbs & spices: 1 tsp tumeric, 1/2 tbsp curry powder, 1/2 tbsp rosemary, 1 tsp cumin, black pepper - 2 stock cubes, melted in water


 Method:
 1. Fry onion, garlic & leek for 2-3 minutes 2. Add in remaining ingredients except water. Cook for 2 minutes 3. Add in enough water to cover the ingredients, bring to the boil then cook covered on low heat for 40 minutes. 4. For a chunky soup, simply use a potato masher to mash up the ingredients. For a smooth soup, blend using a stick blender. 5. Serve with rice/crusty bread and enjoy.



 Some people in my family do not care for the taste of indian spices, so if I am making the soup for them, I add 1 tsp ginger, salt and pepper instead. I like it both ways.


Recipe Index Here:  http://emmafrancisisathome.blogspot.com/p/recipe-index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment