Sunday, May 7, 2017

Week 12 Weekly Meal Plan.

Last week in the Skinny Taste Cookbook!





My goal this year is to cook more for my family.   We are very busy and as a result, we eat out a LOT.  This year, I want to serve food at home that is fast, easy and nutritious.  No frozen dinners high in sodium, I want real food.

I would love for you to join us on our facebook group here:  FACEBOOK
The first 2 months, I looked online at blogs and found recipes.  I want to try something different though.  I want to try out different cookbooks.  Each month, I will cook recipes from a different cookbook.  It could be a side, main dish or dessert, but I will try to incorporate new dinners into our rotation.  So far the family is loving it.


This month, I am cooking out of this book:






This is in addition to our typical meal plans.    On Saturday nights, we have a family pizza night, and sometimes one other night per week we do not eat at home (usually at a friends house, we rotate).  This means 5 to 6 meals per week I need to plan.

Please note that some of my meals may seem a little heavy.  I am feeding three teen boys, so I cook to fill them up.  Some people may omit the starch from the meal and be just fine with the meal plan.

This week's meal plan:

Not Your Mama's Chicken and Rice  So good.

Grilled Salmon with Favorite Greenbeans

American Goulash and salad

Teriyaki Glazed Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa page 198 of the cookbook.

Skinny Salisbury Steak and Mushroom Gravy.  page 201 of the cookbook.


I hope you have enjoyed cooking out of the skinny cookbook with me.  We are definately keeping some of the recipes in our rotation.  My family loved the chicken pasta, the mongolian beef, the buttermilk "fried" chicken and the pork chops best.



Want to see other weeks?  View them Here http://emmafrancisisathome.blogspot.com/p/weekly-meal-plans.html





No comments:

Post a Comment