Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Weekly Meal Plan Week 13



I started this blog because my cooking was pretty sketchy.  I ran through fast food at least a few days a week because I had no idea what to cook.  So this year I decided that I will plan a weekly menu.  It was going great until I got bored.  So I decided to keep me going, I will add a cookbook to the mix.  For the next six weeks or so, I will add at least a recipe per week from the cookbook below.  You can get a copy new, or they also have used ones that are pretty cheap.  I figured the price of this cookbook is less than one fast food meal for the family, and they eat a lot more nutritiously when I cook than when I buy fast food.

Don't forget to Join US ON FACEBOOK for more recipes and household fun.


 The cook books is The Best and Lightest from Food Network Magazine.  So far I'm loving it.  The food is good, but simple.  I've tried a lot of different recipes from it and it's a keeper.


So Here is my menu plan:


American Goulash, salad   - Everyone in my family loves pasta, and this one is easy and does not contain nearly as much sugar as the jar sauces.

Grilled Chicken with Roasted Kale- Page 94 of the cookbook.  When I first saw this recipe I thought there was no way my family would eat KALE...but it's tossed with tomato, potato and cheese, and they loved it.  I was surprised.

Sirloin with Teriyaki Broth -  Page 126 of the cookbook.  This steak is served with a light broth that makes it so juicy.  The recipe calls for sweet potatoes but I added carrots as well because they are a family favorite.  They all ate it.  I didnt think the radishes would go over very well, but they are thinly sliced and they add a peppery bite to the soup.  YUM!

Baked Fish and Chips-  Page 192 of the Book.  A lighter version of fried fish and chips.  It uses rice cereal as a topping and is light and delicious.  The homemade fries have become a lunch favorite too.
Teriyaki Chicken Bowls - Grilled Pineapple is so good and since the weather has grown warmer, cooking outside is a welcome change.  This recipe is easy to change up to add your family favorite veggies.



 


Want to see other weeks?  View the Index Here  Weekly Meal Plans

No comments:

Post a Comment