Fast and Easy Recipe for Potato Chowder with Corn and Ham. You can easily substitute bacon for the ham in this recipe, but I like to use leftover ham. I love this recipe because it is so fast and easy... 30 minutes and you have soup!
- 1tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, diced
- 8 ounces ham, diced
- 1 cup corn
- salt and pepper to taste
See my other recipes here: Recipe Index
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, add the onions, carrots and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add flour and cook until the flour is lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the broth, deglazing the pan as you go, add the milk and potatoes, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the ham and corn, cook until heated and season with salt and pepper.
Check out my free weekly meal plans here: http://emmafrancisisathome.blogspot.com/p/weekly-meal-plans.html