Sunday, February 5, 2017

Week 5 Meal Plan




Week 5 and I have managed to make a meal at least 5 times per week that is not frozen pizza or mcdonalds! 

Want to see more Cooking, Cleaning and Decluttering?  Join us on Facebook here:  FACEBOOK


I have a rice cooker and I use it a lot to cook rice.  I am not really sure if it's easier, it does take a little longer and it makes that brown layer on the bottom of the rice, but I still use it because I put the rice into the cooker and walk away.

I make the Chinese Chicken Breasts whole, but if I am in a hurry, I have pre-chopped chicken breasts in the freezer that cook faster. 

The Potato Chowder is fast and easy taking less than 30 minutes start to eat.  I am saving that one for my busiest night.   I will make rolls early in the day and try to keep the kids from eating them until dinner. If you don't have time to make them from scratch, you can always buy them.  My kids like those just as much.

Garlic and Leek Chicken is one of our new favorites.  It is adapted from a recipe I tried.  The recipe had a ton of oil in it, so I cut the oil, made it a little easier to prepare and voila, new family favorite. 

Loaded Chicken Casserole is an easy favorite.  I make it often.  Hopefully I will replace it with a new recipe soon!

Ribs were on sale at the grocery, so I bought a rack and will try the new recipe below.  YUM!

Don't like something and want to switch it out?  Check out past meal plans here:  Past Weekly Meal Plans







 
 
 
Potato Chowder, rolls




Garlic and Leek Chicken, Mashed potatoes, steamed green beans

 

               

 

My new recipe of the week from Foodandtravel.com
Ribs, boiled potatoes with butter and leftover green beans
 

No comments:

Post a Comment