Monday, August 1, 2016

How to clean your glass stove top







This has to be one of the most annoying things in your home.  When you purchased your stove, it probably came with a little cleaner and a green pad.  They work about as well at cleaning your stove as they would scrubbing through a six inch layer of asphalt.

The next two pictures will show you what my stove looks like on any given day....horrible...dirty.





Gross....

There had to be a way to clean these and I finally found it.  It takes 3 simple ingredients, one of those green scrub pads and some paper towels.  You could use a microfiber towel for this, but it gets soooo disgusting that I prefer to use paper towel and toss them.


What are the ingredients?





Baking soda, Dawn Dish soap and Hydrogen Peroxide.


I was surprised at how little elbow grease this method takes.  First squirt on some Dawn



Next, toss on some baking soda

Sprinkle on some hydrogen peroxide




Let sit for FOUR minutes









After it sits, grab your green scrubbie pad and scrub



I was amazed at how quickly the goop came up.  After scrubbing it looked like this:




 I grabbed a paper towel and wiped off the excess



Than I grabbed a wet towel and rinsed the stove top off



It was that easy..here is my clean stove.  It was so clean that I had a hard time getting photos for the reflection!







Try it yourself and let me know how it works for you!

Dont forget to subscribe for my latest updates

If you want to see how to get the musty smell out of your Fridge go HERE  Musty smell be gone from my washer


And if you want to see our weekly cleaning routine, click here  Chore List

2 comments:

  1. Omg thanks for sharing Emma, mine is always gross. You can only imagine with 7 people in our house lol! I am going to try this today! #FamilyJoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be scared of using hydrogen peroxide..... my stove is a mess! I tried using bi carb and vinegar, it helped a little bit...maybe i need to bring out the big guns!

    ReplyDelete