Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sunday- Menu and Grocery for Feed Your Family for $70 a Week

So as you may have noticed, I have not been posting as much lately.  I am in the process of flipping a house, being a mom and working part time, so I have not had as much time lately to post.  I have also simplified my meal plans so that I have more time.




This week Kroger had roast on sale for $2.99 a pound and some chicken thighs.  Pork spare ribs are also on sale for 1.69, so I will buy 2 of those.  Hot dogs are also on sale 4 for $5, we dont eat them often, so I am only buying one pack.  For us, hot dogs are eaten only about twice a year.  I bought the Pork a few weeks ago and split it up, so this week I plan on using some of it.  Last week pineapples were on sale for 1.99.  I bought 2 and I cut one up and froze it right away.  The other is waiting to be used, so I may move the teriyaki bowls up to early in the week so that the pineapple does not go bad. I use both zucchini and yellow squash in the bowls along with onion.  I bought onion last week, and the squash are on sale for .99 a pound this week.


General Tso Chicken (we add carrots for veg), rice
Shredded beef on noodles, green beans
Crock pot Ribs, baked potato,
Waldorf Chicken Salad on croissants, chips (I work this day and will make it ahead)
cookout with hot dogs (for the day we are at the flip house working), corn on the cob
 Hawaiian Teriyaki Bowls Rice
On the 7th day, we are working in the flip house all day and I work the next day so we are getting takeout pizza.







Shopping list:
2 roast beef packs
2 chicken thigh packs
2 packs ribs
green beans (l lb)
carrots
rice
milk
bbq sauce
potatoes
apples
grapes
mayo
potato chips
croissant rolls
corn on the cob 5 of them
Pineapple
soy sauce
garlic
oats
sandwich bread
cheese slices
zucchini and yellow squash
beef stock





No comments:

Post a Comment